Monday, November 22, 2010

Because

Because


John Lindegaard's bio runs:

Hi
I'm John!
I live in Denmark.
I am 22 years old.
I love good ol' rock 'n' roll.
I am a designfreak.
I am into experimental photography.
I am living in Århus.
I am studying architectural engineering.
I dream a lot.

His photos are often playful and always impeccably designed.

This one was shot with a Canon EOS 450 D.

He often appends interesting studio/productions notes to the photographs.

I like the way "color interjection" in black and white can be used for such diverse effects.

Here, red interjects a funny note.

This should be joyful, but joy is deflated.

This photo achieves a rather Chaplinesque effect.

The photo is funny and slightly sad at the same time. This amalgam of emotions is a mystery to the viewer--an engaging mystery.

That's because Mr. Lindegaard is clearly a very canny actor as well as an astute photographer.

But again...about this device...of color interjection in black and white...

I can't help but remember Spielberg's Schindler's List, and how different an effect the director achieved using this same device--with the little girl in the red coat we follow throughout the movie...until only her coat remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment